Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Just another manic Monday

The girls hanging with Uncle Chris at Grandma's
It was the wee hours of Wednesday when I wrote this, and I was still recovering from a true Manic Monday.

Nothing went right. Nothing went according to plan.

Let's rewind to Sunday evening.

I decided to spend the night at my grandmother's house to help with her meds, food and other care. Maddi was supposed to stay with me and we would have a slumber party. Instead, she opted to go home with dad while I stayed with grandma. (change #1)

Monday morning came, and Maddi needed to get to school. Originally, I planned to head home and get Maddi to school by 8am.  Instead, I stayed at grandma's to continue helping (change #2).  I texted Elliott about the change, asked him to pack a lunch and have Pam (aka Mary Poppins, our nanny) take Maddi to school. He never got the text.

At 8am, Elliott called me to check-in and then he realized he had missed the text. Maddi was already late to school. I asked him to call Pam. He misunderstood, and thought I was to call Pam (change #3).

Pam and Maddi (3 years ago)

At 9am, Pam called wondering what to do. Hmmm... I thought Elliott was going to call? By this time, we'd had so much miscommunication and confusion it was getting funny.

Pam hastely dressed Maddi only to find out her FAVORITE light-up shoes were at grandmas. We also had no bread to make her a sandwich for lunch. Yikes! Always thinking on her feet, Pam somehow convinced Maddi to wear sandals (Pam told her that if she found the light-up sneakers, she'd bring them to school. Bingo!). Then Pam texted me to see if a lunch-able at Fred Meyer would suffice since we had no food in the house.

Of course. But I warned her... just make sure you go to this particular Fred Meyer with an elevator in the parking garage, or else the 4-year-old will make sure you know that you're in the wrong place!

Once that was all settled, the day moved along fairly smooth -- for all of us. I got home at 4pm, checked in with my friend Kati about going to the gym, and Pam left for the afternoon.

But Manic Monday came zooming back. As I packed up Lizzie to get Maddi from school and head to the gym, I realized her carseat was nowhere to be found.

Uh-oh. Pam had left our house with the carseat still in her car. Well, forget going to the gym. Oh and how would I pickup Maddi from school. In comes our hero for the day, Sara Rose who kindly offered to bring Maddi home (her daughter also goes to Maddi's school).

It was just another Manic Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment